Careers @ Syneron Candela Clinics
Syneron Candela is a leading global aesthetic device company with a comprehensive product portfolio and a global distribution footprint. The Company's technology enables physicians to provide advanced solutions for a broad range of medical-aesthetic applications including body contouring, hair removal, wrinkle reduction, tattoo removal, improving the skin's appearance through the treatment of superficial benign vascular and pigmented lesions, and the treatment of acne, leg veins and cellulite. The Company sells its products under three distinct brands, Syneron, Candela and CoolTouch, and has a wide portfolio of trusted, leading products including UltraShape, VelaShape, GentleMax Pro, VBeam Perfecta, PicoWay, Profound and elos Plus. The company markets, services and supports its products in 86 countries. It has offices in North America, France, Germany, Italy, Portugal, Spain, UK, Australia, China, Japan, and Hong Kong and distributors worldwide.
Most recently, Syneron Candela was acquired by Apax Partners, a leading global private equity advisory firm. This acquisition is a strong recognition of Syneron Candela’s leadership in the aesthetic medical device market, its leading world-class technology and unique global footprint. These exceptional assets are a result of the many years of hard work of our skillful and dedicated employees all over the world. We are confident that Apax will add significant value and expertise as Syneron Candela executes on its growth strategy while delivering innovative technologies to our customers and patients. We are looking forward to this partnership to continue its strong growth trajectory, and to seeing the even greater benefits it can deliver for customers and patients.
Syneron Candela is a leading global aesthetic device company with a comprehensive product portfolio and a global distribution footprint. The Company's technology enables physicians to provide advanced solutions for a broad range of medical-aesthetic applications including body contouring, hair removal, wrinkle reduction, tattoo removal, improving the skin's appearance through the treatment of benign vascular and pigmented lesions, and the treatment of acne, leg veins and cellulite.
Syneron Candela is a market leader in the development, manufacture and distribution of medical and aesthetic laser and light-based technologies. The Company’s new executive headquarters is in Menlo Park, California and there are offices in twelve other countries in Europe, Asia and the Middle East. Products are sold in 90 countries worldwide and are supported by field service, clinical education, marketing development organizations and distributorship arrangements.
This position will establish, implement and maintain best-in-class tax processes for accurate and timely: (1) Financial reporting of global taxes; (2) Preparation, filing and payments related to US federal and state income taxes and operating taxes; (3) Tax support for Corporate Management, HR/Payroll, Business Development (M&A) and Financae; (4) Tax support for transfer pricing and strategic tax planning; and (5) Tax audit preparation and defense.
●Tax provision preparation, balance sheet and footnote reporting under US GAAP for quarterly and annual financial reporting.
●Deferred tax, valuation allowances, purchase accounting issues & §382 limitations
●ASC 740/FIN 48 and ASC 450/FAS 5 tax exposure analysis & calculation
●Quarterly tax package issuance, review with controllers, and financial integration
●Direct and interface with foreign finance managers on statutory reporting and fiscal return filings
●Interface with audit firm on tax matters, advisors on income and operating tax compliance
●Assist in the establishment, documentation and maintenance of global tax practices
●Annual Tax budgeting and forecasting updates
●US Federal and state income tax return preparation, filing, payment and planning.
●US operating tax (sales/use, property tax) return preparation, filing, payment and planning
●Manage US Federal and state tax audit preparation and defense
●Establishment of intercompany selling prices and service charges, with periodic transfer price review and adjustments
●Support HR and payroll functions in connection with compensation related tax issues, including Form 1099 & W-2 reporting, IRC §401(k) plan and any expatriate tax issues.
●Conduct US Federal, state and foreign tax research.
●Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required
●Master in Tax or CPA a plus
●Proficient in use of financial reporting systems
●Experienced in establishing and maintaining tax processes
●Minimum 5 years of experience in global tax provision, rate reconciliations and footnotes
●Minimum 5 years of experience in foreign tax issues and international aspects of US tax
●Experience with operating taxes (sales/use, property tax, VAT)
●Strong managerial and mentoring skills
●Professional, proactive demeanor
●Strong analytical and reconciliation skills
●Excellent written and verbal communication skills
●Life Sciences background a plus
Essential Core Competencies
●Dealing with ambiguity
●High level functional/technical skills
●Training and mentoring skills
Syneron Candela offers an exciting work environment, with colleagues who are committed to excellence and innovation. Syneron Candela is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and offers competitive salary and an extensive benefits package, including Medical and Dental coverage, company sponsored Life Insurance and AD&D, Flexible Spending Accounts, Tuition Reimbursement and 401(k) with employer match
This job description is not all inclusive and is intended to capture a majority of the job functions. Special projects and other tasks may be required by management.
Job Title: Bilingual Depot/Field Service Engineer
Reports to: Service Manager
Syneron-Candela is a leading and rapidly growing medical company involved in the design, development, and marketing of aesthetic medical devices to physicians and other practitioners worldwide. The company’s products are used for hair removal, wrinkle removal, rejuvenating the skin’s appearance, and cellulite reduction.
General Overview of Position:
Responsible for providing phone support and repairs of medical devices at Syneron’s Service Depot, and as a field service technician across Canada. Duties includes: installs, emergency repairs, upgrades, preventative maintenance, shows / demo setup and equipment removals. Technician will be based out of the Mississauga Service Depot.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Install, maintain, calibrate, repair and test electrical or electronic equipment and instruments according to technical manuals and written instructions
- Possesses knowledge of standard test equipment, oscilloscopes, ohmmeters, ophirs as well as understanding of custom made test equipment including automatic test equipment.
- Analyzes circuitry and physically check wiring and operation of various electronic parts, units and systems components necessary to locate and repair circuit or component equipment fault
- Complete work orders and compile maintenance reports using dedicated service software, Oracle and Servicemax in a timely manner.
- Must demonstrate excellent communication skills with ability to support customers over the telephone
- Provide thorough troubleshooting with complex problems, and develop solutions
- Manage PM list and ensuring all are complete according to schedule.
- Maintains personal inventory and works with Logistics to ensure stock is replenished and defective parts are returned to Service Depot.
- Assist with logistics and shipping whenever necessary (must be able to lift up to 60 lbs.)
- Technician must be willing to travel up to 75% of the time across Canada and occasional training in the US.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Minimum vocational training in electronics and AA Degree in Electronics
- Bilingual speaker is must, fluent in English and French
- Minimum 1 year applicable experience in similar industry with electrical and electronics background.
- Must have a valid Passport
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a reliable vehicle.
- System analysis and understanding is required.
- Ability to resolve complex technical issues and develop solutions
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Team oriented, proactive and enthusiastic.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with ability to communicate with all staff members and customers such as Doctors and Clinic Managers.
- Advanced skill levels in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Strong multi-tasking abilities
- Required experience with a ERP system; prefer experience with Oracle, Servicemax (database)
- Must have mechanical assembly and soldering skills
- Attention to detail is required
- Ability to adapt to different product lines and environments
- Knowledge of Oscilloscope, DMM, Power Supplies and other test equipment
- Knowledge of components and circuits used in Surface Mount technology