Careers @ Syneron Candela
Syneron Candela is a leading global aesthetic device company with a comprehensive product portfolio and a global distribution footprint. The Company's technology enables physicians to provide advanced solutions for a broad range of medical-aesthetic applications including body contouring, hair removal, wrinkle reduction, tattoo removal, improving the skin's appearance through the treatment of superficial benign vascular and pigmented lesions, and the treatment of acne, leg veins and cellulite. The Company sells its products under three distinct brands, Syneron, Candela and CoolTouch, and has a wide portfolio of trusted, leading products including UltraShape, VelaShape, GentleMax Pro, VBeam Perfecta, PicoWay, Profound and elos Plus. The company markets, services and supports its products in 86 countries. It has offices in North America, France, Germany, Italy, Portugal, Spain, UK, Australia, China, Japan, and Hong Kong and distributors worldwide.
Most recently, Syneron Candela was acquired by Apax Partners, a leading global private equity advisory firm. This acquisition is a strong recognition of Syneron Candela’s leadership in the aesthetic medical device market, its leading world-class technology and unique global footprint. These exceptional assets are a result of the many years of hard work of our skillful and dedicated employees all over the world. We are confident that Apax will add significant value and expertise as Syneron Candela executes on its growth strategy while delivering innovative technologies to our customers and patients. We are looking forward to this partnership to continue its strong growth trajectory, and to seeing the even greater benefits it can deliver for customers and patients.
Senior Manager, Human Resources-EMEA
Spain, UK, or Netherlands
In this position, the Senior Manager, Human Resources (HR) implements corporate HR policy, programs, and services at the regional business unit level. The team member facilitates regional organizational and leadership development efforts. Plays a significant role in fostering employee engagement, directing and coordinating talent management, and succession planning activities. In addition, drives company-wide HR programs and initiatives, e.g., performance management, compensation programs, workforce planning, and change initiatives. Selects, develops, and evaluates talent to support the efficient operation and successful business outcomes for the region. Works closely with managers to address and resolve human resources issues using fair and methodical approaches for impactful solutions in a timely fashion. Maintains regional HR analytics to help make sound “people” decisions and provide cohesive and effective advice.
Is viewed as a strategic regional business partner, change agent, and member of the regional management team. Position interfaces daily with legal and finance colleagues, and internal colleagues. Dual reporting to EVP, EMEA and CHRO.
- Serves as an HR operational business partner to shape and implement all HR aspects to support the region’s business strategy in alignment with Corporate Human Resources policies, practices, and programs.
- Is a coach (provided effective guidance) to region’s management team and regional HR team.
- In conjunction with the regional EVP, builds a high-performing regional organization with the least disruption while creating a well-positioned regional employer brand, high employee engagement, and culture within the region and in alignment with the company.
- Keeps an effective ear to the ground; hands-on to hear the voice of the employees.
- Assesses and aligns regional talent with the business direction and understands what HR levers to use to drive this success.
- Partners with business heads to attract (recruit) key talent; refine and align recruitment process and program; act as an ambassador for talent acquisition internally and externally.
- Implements corporate-aligned performance management and compensation programs.
- Leads talent reviews and implement succession planning and talent development plans.
- Maintains updated HR regional analytics: e.g.: turnover, vacancy factor, HC, exit interview data, cycle time to hire.
- Ensures HR compliance and corporate governance; and informs CHRO on key issues in a timely manner.
- BS or BA, management, psychology, sociology, finance, communications.
- 5 to 7 years of experience in a HR business partner role with regional experience.
- 5 years’ experience in Medical Device / Pharmaceutical industry, preferred.
- Hands-on, roll up the sleeves leader / business partner who understands how to get things done.
- Demonstrated thought-partner / advisor to regional EVP.
- Strong organizational, project management, interpersonal, negotiation /influencing and collaboration skills
- Conversant in the English language.
- Proficient in usage mobile devises and strong computer program skills: Microsoft windows (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- 25%-35% travel
Open to Locations: Europe: Spain, UK, or Netherlands
is an entry level sales position responsible for prospecting, qualifying and presenting and promoting Syneron Candela products and consumables to prospective customers as lead generation for the Senior Territory Manager. This role will report directly to the Senior Territory Manager in the achievement of local, regional and North American sales targets.
- Responsible for cultivating and developing new lead generation under the Senior Territory Manager.
- Majority of field time will be allocated to calling on new customers and practices that currently do not have Syneron-Candela devices but are actively marketing and selling aesthetic services
- Opportunity Generator
- Covers one selected state
- Finds a minimum of 3 “qualified leads” each 90 days that are actively seeking to invest in new technology
- Prospect, qualify and generate new sales leads by setting qualified appointments for Senior Territory Managers.
- Responsible for daily communication with Senior Territory Manger and weekly review with STM and RSD.
- Attends clinical training sessions as required
- Responsible for attaining quota each quarter
- Has one year of field sales experience or inside sales experience with demonstrated cold calling and business development experience.
- Education: BA/BS degree of higher preferred
- Understanding of the sales cycle and importance of lead generation and qualification.
- Is proficient MS Office and Salesforce.com account, lead, contact and opportunity management (entire business will be summarized in Salesforce.com)
The Manager, Regulatory Affairs is responsible for generating and submitting all the regulatory and registration applications to allow the company to market its products domestically and internationally. The RA Manager develops and plans strategies to obtain regulatory approvals/clearances to market products.
- Manages the Regulatory Affairs activities for Syneron Candela. The primary responsibilities of this position are to manage the regulatory submission / approval processes for all Syneron Candela products in all geographies and to provide general regulatory guidance.
- Prepares and files 510(k)s, Technical Files, Design Dossiers, and/or other regulatory submissions with FDA and Notified Bodies and other international regulatory agencies.
- Develops regulatory submission strategies for FDA, Notified Bodies and other regulatory agency product approvals. Provides risk assessments and regulatory options to upper management as part of these strategies.
- Interacts with and negotiates with regulatory agencies worldwide either directly or through subsidiaries or distributors.
- Performs a regulatory review of labels, labeling, and promotional materials for conformance to regulatory requirements.
- Educates and updates the Leadership Team on new and evolving regulatory developments and competitive product approvals.
- Reviews and approves clinical protocols and reports to ensure the clinical study follows the appropriate regulatory strategy for final product approval or marketing claims, collection of appropriate data for regulatory submissions
- Manages regulatory administrative functions such as maintenance of FDA device listings & facility registrations, reporting of laser products to CFR Part 1010
- Provides documented assessment of all recommended and completed product field actions per correction and removal regulations.
- Ensures that RA policies, procedures, and records are in compliance with applicable regulations and standards.
- Develops direct reports in terms of regulatory expertise and skills in project management, effective team participation, and communication
- Provides training on regulatory issues and developments, as needed, to functions outside of RA (e.g., Clinical, Marketing, Engineering, Technical/Field Service, Quality)
- B.S. or B.A. degree in a technical discipline or equivalent experience
- Minimum seven years professional experience in the medical device, biologic, or pharmaceutical fields, including at least four years in medical device regulatory affairs.
- Demonstrated success in the preparation of regulatory submissions (510(k), IDE) to FDA and Technical Files/Design Dossiers to Notified Bodies.
- Experience in meeting with, making presentations to, and negotiating with FDA (CDRH) personnel and Notified Body Representatives on regulatory submission strategies and product approvals.
- Current knowledge of U.S. medical device regulations and the Medical Device Directive (MDD 93/42/EEC).
- Current knowledge of US Quality System Regulations (21 CFR 820) and ISO Quality Systems (9001/13485).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong technical writing skills
- Ability to work on project teams including cross-functional collaboration and negotiation.
- Ability to solve problems and make sound regulatory decisions.
- RAPS Certification (RAC) preferred
Territory Managers in various geographies throughout the US. Should have experience in selling lasers, RF and/or minimally invasive technologies to Dermatologists, Facial and Plastic Surgeons. Travel between 25-50% within assigned territories. Very comprehensive compensation package with great OTE potential. Proven success in maintaining and expanding sales activities within existing customer base and prospecting and building a robust pipeline business. Syneron Candela has a highly competitive benefits package.
Due to expansion, we are seeking Field Service Engineers who have high energy to join our team at Syneron Candela, the leading manufacturer of aesthetic lasers and directed energy devices. Will provide field support on Candela equipment in assigned territory and out of at times, outside of territory as required. Install/remove/repair and upgrade; preventative maintenance and sell service contracts. This position requires a minimum of 5-8 years’ experience in a service rep position. A.S. degree in electronics or equivalent, combined with the above experience level. Biomedical laser/preferred. Team player, proficient in reading and interpreting schematics. Good customer service background. Extensive travel required.
Syneron Candela has a highly competitive benefits package.